Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shhh... This is a Secret

Welcome to the cradle list blog!

Confession time. I have always told everyone that I never want kids. It just seems easier to do that. Plus, I don't want to have kids for at least five more years. At this age that is forever from now! So to me that makes it ok to say never. I know, I know, never say never...

So the baby plan is a big fat secret. I don't want to feel pressured by anyone. I don't want to hear comments about how I shouldn't wait so long to have kids. I am someone who believes in adoption so if I can't get pregnant I will adopt. I don't want to have kids too young. I don't want to fight with my spouse in front of my (future) children all of the time. I don't want to look back and regret not doing things before I had kids. I don't want a child to be a financial burden.

I want to wait until I am at least thirty years old so that I will have financial stability, stable relationships, a strong sense of self, and patience. So since I have all of this time I want to have fun and be really prepared for when the time to have kids finally comes.

Do you have a cradle list? Do you have a TTC date? Did you do a lot of planning before having kids?

No comments: